That's it?

Chris Pronger has been traded to the Anaheim Ducks, Sportsnet has confirmed.

Sportsnet sources say the Edmonton Oilers will receive forward Joffrey Lupul, prospect Ladislav Smid and a conditional draft pick in exchange for the defenceman.

I gotta say, I'm underwhelmed, and if I'm an Oilers fan, I'm disappointed with the return. Sure, future help is great and all, but Oilers fans must've gotten their fill of trading away franchise players for young return back in the 90's. After going to the Cup, I have to think they want to compete again this year for the prize and it'll be a lot more difficult without Pronger, even with Lupul on the wing to score 30 goals.

And as a Sens fan, I wonder, was John Muckler involved? Did he make a pitch? Eklund says the Sens were in the hunt, but he's sort of a lying douche so that doesn't mean anything.

What we could offer can be debated, but surely, a deal featuring Martin Havlat (already on the way out anyway), Chris Phillips (UFA next season and, in this market, will probably cost $4-$5 mil, so he's gonzo as well), and some highly touted prospect (Brian Lee? Nick Foligno? half of Patrick Eaves?) would intrigue Oilers fans more than this. Hell, I'd even throw in a draft pick or two.

Aw well.