Kansas CIty Blades Pretend Time



Since I am not sure who actually watches Comedy Central's Nick Swardson's Pretend Time, I will just assume I'm the only one who has seen this skit.  (editors note: Yeah, it happened last year apparently, but whatever.)

The above picture appears to show comedians Nick Swardson and Natasha Leggero in a version of the original Kansas City Blades logo/jersey.  You can watch the entire video here.

The short cut-away of hockey shown at the beginning of the clip features the Blades playing at the Grand Rapids Griffins (the favorite team of the DeVos family).  The most recognizable player name in the video is that of the Griffins Mark Conforth (#12).  Cornforth played eight regular season games and three playoffs games for the Griffins during the 1997-98 season, which probably means he played at the end of that season.  The Blades only played the Griffins in Grand Rapids once in the last month of the season, a 6-1 victory.  That would mean that the Blades players shown are defensemen Steve Jacques (#3) and Steve Heins (#5), and forward Dean Sylvester (#11).  I cannot find a box score of the game, so I’m not sure if Sylvester scored or not, but Swardson sure thought so.  The Blades would go on to lose to the Long Beach Ice Dogs in seven games in the Western Conference Semi-Final, in case you were wondering about any of this.


I'm not exactly sure why they chose that footage or the Blades faux jerseys, but I think we should be honored or something.  Actually, I'm not really sure how to feel.
Click to embiggen