It only took six days, but the Mavs swept the Evansville IceMen in the first round of the Turner Conference bracket of the CHL playoffs. Here are links to the summaries of each game, and video highlights (if available).
Mavs Win 3-2
Game One Summary
Game One Video:
Mavs Win 7-1
Game Two Summary
Mavs Win 3-2 in OT
Game Three Summary
Mavs Win 3-1
Game Four Summary
Game Four Video:
This is the third time in three years of existence that the Mavs have made it to the second round of the playoffs, but the first time they have made it to the Conference Finals (the previous two years the second round was a semi-final round).
The Mavericks are patiently waiting for the winner of the Fort Wayne and Rapid City matchup. Fort Wayne leads the series 3-1, and can wrap it up at home on Sunday. As mentioned before, the Mavs tied the season series with Fort Wayne (1-1), and a 4-1 record against Rapid City.
On the Berry Conference side of the bracket, Wichita leads Rio Grande Valley 3-1, with the next game this Saturday in Wichita. They will play the winner of Texas and Allen(, Texas...). Their next game is this Friday at (North Richland Hills,) Texas.
Grab some Conference Finals tickets over at the Mavs official site.
Hey, also, you should be reading any and all of the hockey coverage on Grantand. It's easy to avoid Bill Simmons if that's a problem for you. So, what are you waiting for? Go. GO!
s/t to Katie Baker
- I Disagree...
- Get Pumped
- Mavs One Win Away From Final (and One Loss Away Fr...
- Explaining the Game: "Icing"
- The Sprint Center an "Unintentional Experiment," a...
- My Contribution to the "Doughty Laughing" Meme
- Gary Bettman Reveals the Potential Coyotes Mysteri...
- I Wish I Had a Tallon Blueprint... :(
- Greg Jamison Selected By City of Glendale To Poten...
- Mavs Play Fort Wayne Tomorrow; Begin Conference Ch...
- The CHL Playoffs: Just as Tough as the NHL Playoff...
- Great Moments In Illegal Ryane Clowe Poke Checking...
- Wow, That Was Fast
- Elaine of Glendale: The Misanthrope
- So, the NHL Playoffs Start Soon...
- ▼ April (15)
- ► 2008 (58)
As NHL training caps are just around the corner, let us remember that Kansas City doesn't have an NHL exhibition game. Oh, but there is...
“Let me ask you this,” (Sly) James said. “Which would you rather have, the Pittsburgh Penguins or the Phoenix Coyotes? Who do you think woul...
It certainly seems that way. While the club has made no formal announcement, both his NHLPA.com player profile as well as TSN's Ottawa ...
"This man just got through talking about what the f--- he ain't G-D did...LONG LIVE THE SCOUTS!!!" More on this to come, obvio...
Yes, a post. Imagine that. The plan is from here on out, they happen a lot. No, really. As the draft sits less than 15 hours away, and with ...